Riverside Park Conservancy is a small but growing organization where skilled candidates can make a meaningful impact. Riverside Park and the adjacent Riverside Park South, West Harlem Piers Park, and Fort Washington Park contain numerous entrance gardens, woodlands, scenic promenades, ballfields, cafes, and access to six miles of Hudson River waterfront. Riverside Park, one of New York City’s premier waterfront parks, is a Scenic Landmark originally designed by Frederick Law Olmsted.
Riverside Park Conservancy is expanding its horticulture program to meet the needs of the park and expects to have ongoing opportunities available. Check back often.
We offer competitive salaries and a benefits package that includes:
- Medical insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vacation & Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Pre-Tax Flexible spending account
Please send resumes to Jobs@riversideparknyc.org. No phone calls please.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Field Supervisor/Manager
- Riverside Park Conservancy is looking for a full time field supervisor for our Zone Gardener Program. The Field Supervisor is part of a team of people working collaboratively, leading by example and expediting work with the Operations team. This is a hands-on role, requiring daily work outdoors, in all weather conditions. This role will work with a team of gardeners, groundskeepers, field technicians, Parks Department staff and volunteers and will report to the VP of Operations. The Supervisor’s responsibilities include all aspects of monitoring, caring for, and reporting on designated park zones, volunteer sites and volunteer events. Full Description
- Park Gardener
- Riverside Park Conservancy is looking for full time Gardeners. Riverside Park and the adjacent Riverside Park South, West Harlem Piers Park, and Fort Washington Park contain numerous entrance gardens, woodlands, scenic promenades, ballfields, cafes, and access to six miles of Hudson River waterfront. Riverside Park, one of New York City’s premier waterfront parks, is a Scenic Landmark originally designed by Frederick Law Olmsted. Full Description
- Riverside Park South Gardener
- Riverside Park South is an award winning waterfront park running from West 59th Street to West 72nd Street along the Hudson River waterfront. Designed by landscape architect Thomas Balsley Associates, the first section of this 6 phase park was completed in 2001 and the park has rapidly become not just a popular neighborhood park but a destination park. The design includes curvilinear decked walkways which wind through massed expansive plantings of ornamental grasses and native grasses interspersed with open lawns framed by oaks and river birches. Final phases of the park will be completed in 2017 adding areas of ornamental horticulture, native shrubs, perennials and ground covers to the existing park. Full Description