Monuments Tour of Riverside Park
West 72nd Street and Riverside Drive
The New York Historical Society and Summer on the Hudson are partnering for a Monuments of Riverside Park Walking Tour through one of New York City’s Scenic Landmarks. Join us for a guided walk along Riverside Drive that highlights the park’s development as well as its historic monuments.
The tours are split into two parts, with two A/B pairs this summer and one in the coming fall. Put on your walking shoes—each part is approximately 1.5 miles long! Tour A begins at the 72nd Street park entrance and proceeds north to the West 94th Street Joan of Arc statue. Tour B begins at the 122nd Street General Grant National Memorial and proceeds south to the West 100th Street Fireman’s Memorial. Space is limited, and registration is required.
Know Before You Go
For everyone’s safety, we are asking all participants to observe the following guidelines:
- Please wear a mask if you are unvaccinated, or if it makes you feel more comfortable
- All individuals should maintain social distancing of six feet during programming, regardless of vaccination status
- Please wear a mask if social distancing cannot be maintained
- Wash your hands before attending a program
- Stay home if you are sick
Additionally, we encourage participants to bring their own hand sanitizer to our programs.