Re:Growth Artist Workshop with Blanka Amezkua
75th St. Waterfront
PAPEL PICADO AND COLLAGING TOGETHER!!!
Join Summer on the Hudson and artist Blanka Amezkua to learn how she created the original pieces for her current installation, Happiness is… included in Re:Growth. Create your own papel picado piece, a traditional paper cutting from her native Mexico, using the traditional technique with the use of chisels and hammer; for adults only.
She will also guide younger visitors in the creation of their own collage piece using tissue and construction papers. A collage is an artwork made up of different papers or objects glued together. Come and create an insect of your choice or an abstract work to delight your senses. All ages are welcome!
Please register online.
Know Before You Go:
For everyone’s safety, we are asking all participants to observe the following guidelines:
- Please wear a mask if you are unvaccinated, or if it makes you feel more comfortable
- All individuals should maintain social distancing of six feet during programming, regardless of vaccination status
- Please wear a mask if social distancing cannot be maintained
- Wash your hands before attending a program
- Stay home if you are sick
Additionally, we encourage participants to bring their own hand sanitizer to our programs.